The Egypt Centre’s school programme is now available via distance learning!
We run a number of workshops which a designed for Foundation Phase 2 through to Key Stage 4. Our workshops are facilitated by the Museum’s expert facilitators who aim to inspire your class and provide a unique learning experience.
All of our virtual classrooms are multi-sensory and object based to inspire and motivate your students with their learning.
By booking a session in our virtual classroom, you will receive access to exclusive video content, activities for you to use with your class and a live session with our Museum experts where we will explore ancient Egyptian objects from the Egypt Centre.
What happens in the virtual classroom?
1. Once you have made a booking, you will be sent a teacher pack. This pack will include everything you need to know about the virtual classroom, including pre and post activities for you and your group.
2. The pack will include a link to our activities for your pupils to do. Each activity has been designed to be self-led, but they can also be done as a class or in groups. Each activity is specific to the topic you have selected.
3. On the day of your facilitated virtual classroom experience you will enter a locked classroom on Zoom. We have a digital safeguarding policy in place to ensure safety of using this site (there are alternatives to Zoom if required, such as Microsoft Teams). Teachers will enter the classroom first and then once all students enter the classroom the room is locked so no one else can enter. The class will start and will last 45 minutes-1 hour and will be led by one of our expert facilitators. Together we explore ancient Egyptian objects , facilitate discussion and activities to broaden your pupils’ understanding and reinforce classroom learning. These encounters with real objects will bring your topic to life.
4. At the end of the session you will be able to complete the post facilitation activities in your own time. You will also have access to these activities via the Teachers Pack.
How to book
- Step 1: Visit our website and have a look at the workshops we have on offer.
- Step 2: Once you have decided, email our Learning and Engagement Officer, Hannah Sweetapple (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your preferred dates and she will be able to book you in.
Please note our Virtual Classrooms accommodate up to 120 students plus a teacher with a minimum of 10 students.
Our virtual classrooms cost £2 per child. This includes access to exclusive video content and classroom activities and a digital session with one of our expert educators.
If you have any further questions or would like to make a booking, please contact our Learning and Engagement Officer, Hannah Sweetapple on email@example.com