Syd Howells is the Museum Volunteer Manager at the Egypt Centre and is the first point of contact for anyone wishing to volunteer here or undergo a work placement.
Phone: 01792 606065
Email Address: email@example.com
- M.A. in Museum Studies, Leicester University (2016).
- B.A. (Hons) in History, Swansea University (2013).
- Certificate in Higher Education in Egyptology, Swansea University.
- Archaeological experience in Egypt and the United Kingdom.
- Propaganda (both ancient and modern)
- Volunteering in the Heritage Sector
- The Ethics of Collecting
- The History of Eccentricity
- 2023 ‘Lieutenant Colonel A D Wintle MC: An Irregular Soldier’. The Historical Association Swansea Branch Journal, Chronicle. Issue: 2023. pp. 11-14
- 2021 ‘Iolo Morganwg: Swansea area connections’ The Swansea History Journal, Minerva. No.29. pp. 83-90
- 2020 ‘Dr William Price at the Egypt Centre, Swansea University’ The Swansea History Journal, Minerva. No. 28. pp. 111-114
- 2017 ‘Informal Learning in a Museum Setting’ https://ec.europa.eu/epale/en/blog/informal-learning-museum-setting European Commission, Electronic Platform for Adult Learning in Europe
- 2015 ‘Engaging with the Hard to Reach: From Town to Gown’ included as a chapter in Advancing Engagement: A Handbook for Academic Museums (Volume Three)
- 2013 ‘Acceptance and Removing Barriers: Young Volunteers in a University Museum Setting’ GEM (Group for Education in Museums) Case Studies Vol. 11
- History: I am a member of the Historical Association Swansea Branch Outreach Speakers Group http://www.haswansea.org.uk/page13.html (talks include Wonderful Things: A Look at the History and Collections of the Egypt Centre, Museum of Egyptian Antiquities at Swansea University and Dr William Price and the Welsh Pharaohs)
- I sit on the Committee of the Royal Institution of South Wales