Randolph Humphery Berens, née McLaughlin (1844-1922), was a vicar of Sidcup Place. He took the name Berens on his marriage in 1877 with Eleanor Frances Berens. Her wealth enabled him to travel and collect antiquities. She also collected. His collection was sold in Sotheby’s on 18th June 1923. His wife’s collection was sold on 29th July 1923 and 31st July 1923 (Bierbrier 1995, 42-43).
A selection of items collected by Mrs Berens:
W500, daisy inlays.
W736 Black-topped redware