When L.Sgt. Johnson took his photographs the Nile was flooded annually from December to April. The flooding of Philae was made worse by the construction of the Aswan Low Dam by the British in 1902 and its subsequent heightening. In the 1970s the temple was moved piece by piece 550 meters to the Island of Agilqiyya.
The island of Philae. Most of the Temple of Isis at Philae was built between c.380-240BC.
The view today. Copyright Reg Clark.
Further images of Philae: