- Enjoy some fun and games ancient Egyptian style and learn to play Senet!
- Senet was the most popular game in ancient Egypt and was played on a day-to-day basis, and is a bit like snakes and ladders
- In the Egypt Centre you can play senet and learn about its place in Egyptian society and religion
- The famous pharaoh Tutankhamun even had four sets of senet in his tomb
- Over 120 ancient Egyptian games have been found and are now in museum collections around the world
- We have two replica senet boards in the museum, a large example shown above, and a replica of a board found in Tutankhamun’s tomb with throw sticks instead of traditional dice.